Ledges Golf Club - Maine - USA

Maine (ME) 03909,

• Patrick Rocheleau

• William Bradley Booth

• Matt Blasik

Architect Brad Booth – a Maine man hailing from nearby Ogunquit – set out the course at The Ledges as his first solo project in 1999, a couple of years before he formed a new design company with another Brad, professional golfer Brad Faxon.

Draping the pine-framed holes across a rugged landscape, with minimal alteration to the terrain, Booth’s light architectural touch is pleasantly evident as the fairways effortlessly flow across countryside that’s devoid of any housing in a wonderful rural setting.

The signature 8th is a spectacular 220-yard par three hole, played downhill from an elevated tee position to a multi-tiered green. Water threatens to the front, left and rear whilst sand protects either flank of a putting surface that dips severely to a right-side grass bunker.

The 18th is a really tough closing hole (playing all of 618 yards from the back markers) that begins with an aquatic carry from the tee and ends with an approach over more water to the home green – for good reason has it been rated the most difficult finishing hole in the state.

Reviews for Ledges Golf Club

Description: Brad Booth designed the course at The Ledges Golf Club and he set the holes out on a hilly landscape where fairways rise and fall with regularity. Rating: 6 out of 10 Reviews: 1
Mark Larson

I am in the midst of a 6 course Maine trip and had an open day on my schedule. Logistics made a number of courses on my radar impractical so I started looking for possibilities. I almost passed on the Ledges Golf Club but it the location for my day was good so I gave it a shot. Am I glad that I did. The course is on some very rolling terrain with a routing that for the most part makes good use of it. There is a very nice collection of par 4’s to be found offering a fair amount of variety and on a number on a couple of them you need to think about hitting something other than driver. The signature hole is a downhill dramatic par 3 but there were easily 4-5 holes I liked better. The conditioning was by far better than the first two courses on my trip. If one were to nitpick it is true that you can lose a ball or two if you spray them a bit near the green and #13 was just a bit too much of straight up the hill but overall this is a very nice golf experience. This course should be moved up a few notches on the rankings, at a minimum it should be swapped with Fox Ridge for the #11 spot.

June 05, 2019