Review for Letham Grange (Old)

I visited Letham Grange this summer and I must say straight away I will be going back! The welcome was fantastic! However there were certain aspects which would not be up to peoples liking… Due to some financial/owner problems the hotel has been left to go into trouble and therefore the changing rooms were simply awful for the standard of the clubhouse (a baronial manor). However the bar and restaurant were very impressive indeed! The course itself was very interesting too. The first 6 holes unless played of the “Tiger Tees” were a bit plain if I am honest however from the seventh onwards it was as if you had driven down Magnolia Avenue! The 8th a tough picturesque Par 3 was the hole for me! I had to go back and get an approach on the green before I left! However the back nine had everything! So for what the course offered a nice relaxing break from the links it did that and some! I truly enjoyed playing at Letham and I urge anyone considering a trip to give it a go because I think you may find that it is indeed worth it! However due to the lack of decent facilities I cannot give it full marks but once that is sorted and it is being this course will become a true hotspot for golf once again!

Date: July 14, 2009

Read all reviews about Letham Grange (Old)