Review for Leven Links

Sometimes you just fall in love with a golf course, and it happened to me at our last golf trip at Leven Links Golf Course.

I have to admit: it was the most beautiful afternoon: sunny and a modest 1 club wind. After a warm welcome at the caddiemaster and a short warm-up, we started our round and we enjoyed every hole Leven has to offer. Nice pure, old school links design, superb links turf and very good green complexes testing the short game.

The experts might claim that some holes are to short or to long for their liking, I just enjoyed the challenges the course threw at me. And as a welcome bonus: this course is apparently not on the radar screen of most visitors to Fife, offering a relatively empty track that can be enjoyed at a decent pace. Leven was high up on our ranking list of our week of golf in Fife.

After the round we decided to visit the clubhouse of Leven Thistle Golf Club for some drinks and a meal. Apart from the very friendly staff & members that made us felt very welcome, we found out that the bar prices at Thistle Golf are the last surprise that this venue has in store for you.

So if you card your hole-in-1 at Leven, your tab will be as friendly as the staff & members ;-)

If returning to Fife in future, Leven will be on my play-list for sure!

OCB