Review for Liphook

I have played here a couple of times and the thing that stands out are the absolutely delightful and very quick, true running greens that the members here get to enjoy day in day out through the season. If there are better greens in the county I would like to know as I don't think I have ever putted on anything better than what they have here. I also love the look and feel from holes 2 to 14, delightful heathland holes from start to finish with lots of interest in each hole's design along the way. It is hard to pick a favourite among them and I love them all. For some reason I am not a great fan of the par 3 first or the stretch from 15 onwards although they're still enjoyable, just not quite the standard to my eye of the other holes but it is just an opinion and others may not agree. It's a great day out and great value and I strongly recommend. I can see why it consistently gets rated best in Hampshire although out of the other top inland tracks, Blackmoor gives it a good run for the money and North Hants and an improving Stoneham are all in contention to try and knock it off it's number 1 perch. If you get an invite, clear your diary and go and enjoy.

Date: June 28, 2019