Review for Longniddry

We returned to Longniddry this year, since I was impressed with the quality of the greens, when playing Longniddry last year.Although not your typical links course, Longniddry does have some links feel to it. But the course also reminds me of the beautiful courses along the French coast south of Calais. The Longniddry clubhouse oozes history, and although the club is a typical members club, there is a very welcoming atmosphere.

As a guest one feels at home immediate, and that is a reassuring start of a round of golf.

Longniddry has no par 5's, but is not short by any means, and when playing this course into some breeze, the course is absolutely not a push-over. The first few opening holes, just left of the clubhouse, are a good start of the round, but after hole three the course comes to life. The string of holes from hole 4 to hole 12 are well designed and a proper test of golf, set in a beautiful surrounding. Since it was not very crowded when we played, we played the loop 7 - 10 twice.....

I/m not a fan of the far corner of the course where hole 16 is situated, but the closing hole towards the clubhouse makes more than up for that and is a nice conclusion of the round.

Both time we visited, the greens were in immaculate condition.

As said before, the clubhouse has a very friendly atmosphere, and serves as a perfect place to cool down and watch others finish their round on the 18th.

For me Longniddry is a well designed golf course and offers an above average golf experience and I would recommend to play the course as a contrast to all the typical links courses in the near vicinity.

OCB