Review for Lykia Links

I took a group of golfers to Lykia after playing several of the Belek courses , all of which had impressed me.The greeting from the staff and the stunning off course facilities and location make Lykia a must visit for the keen golfer.The mix of holes are stunning and the coastal views and experience are up there with Kiawah Island. The quality of the Dye design is complimented with smart green keeping and course management, this plays like a UK links, not an American 'greened up' version. The choices of pin positions and run offs test the short game and I loved the prospect of standing on a new tee and tackling the next hole each time.My only criticism was a narrow sloping fairway on the top of the course on one of the back 9 par 4 holes and the 17th hole was too long for a par 3. As I sat on the splendid terrace pondering my round, I decided to do the sensible thing... Went into the pro-shop and booked to play the next day, bringing two friends along! If you are going to Turkey to play several courses in a package, make sure this is on the playlist... and take your camera !!! Worthy of a top 15 European ranking and my no.1 in Turkey, definately a great venue for a tour event, possibly a bit tough for the higher handicap golfer ?

Date: January 22, 2013