Review for Machrihanish (Championship)

Was very excited to play this track and the drive over here was nothing short of a trek. Starting on the first I believe slightly overrated golf hole and wouldn’t call it the best opening in golf. Maybe some of the best views or most spectacular but not the outright. Once you finish the second hole then the course gets going. Through the dunes it is right up there with any front 9 in Scotland and with the two par fives to on the back as well following the trend of being excellent golf holes. My disappointment was the back 9 however after the 12th. Felt the holes were quite bland and felt like any other random links that wouldn’t be in the top 100 never mind 18th. Overall the course is worth the trip for that front 9 as some of the most fun I’ve had on a course in a while. As long as you don’t mind the occasional blind shot(EVERY HOLE) and the car journey it is worth it. Also we got it for £45 for a time after 4 and can say we had the best time of the day seen by the photos. Won’t get a better day out on the links.

Date: August 22, 2021

Read all reviews about Machrihanish (Championship)