Review for Manor House

Dramatic, varied, entertaining, exciting and exhausting sum up my feelings about the Manor House. The course is laid out cleverly using the land to its full effect, some of the bunkering is a bit over the top but hats-off to them for making it a visual feast. There are so many memorable holes that it’s hardly worth picking one out but if I had to, it would have to be the incredible double-greened 17th which is as dramatic as any hole I have ever played. A mere flick with a wedge will see your ball rise into the air and then fall towards the green some 100 feet below. Although the hole is only about 130 yards, it’s a really tricky tee shot and you can’t be short or you ball will be in the babbling brook which surrounds the green. A couple of serious cardiac climbs put a slight blot on the round and I imagine that some people would have to take a buggy… I can’t imagine walking down those slopes in frosty weather…scary! Anyway, I’d love to return here again to stay and play. The facilities here are quite delightful in every respect. A quality resort and a quality course through and through.

Date: November 10, 2005