Memphis - Tennessee - USA

600 Goodwyn Street,
Memphis,
Tennessee (TN) 38111,

• 9 miles E of downtown Memphis

• Members and their guests only

• Michael Babb

• Donald Ross

• Tim Rush

Set out on a tight parcel of land that lies close to downtown Memphis, the Donald Ross-designed course at Memphis Country Club celebrated its centenary in 2010. Apart from the growth of trees around the property, not much else has changed here in over a hundred years.

Reviews for Memphis

Description: Set out on a tight parcel of land that lies close to downtown Memphis, the Donald Ross-designed course at Memphis Country Club celebrated its centenary in 2010. Rating: 3 out of 6 Reviews: 2

I agree with previous sentiment. How this is rated 6th in Tennessee is beyond me. While "Ross" in name that is the only thing this course has going for it aside from a nice clubhouse.

The Course: Flat. Boring. I was told they just removed a fair number of trees and might I suggest they keep going. Architecturally a far cry from many other Ross courses I've had the opportunity to play.

Clubhouse: Nice, but was not blown away.

Other: I will say one thing I found odd/pretentious. I overheard our host constantly refer to Memphis Country Club as "The Country Club." Maybe it is a Southern thing, but I was somewhat embarrassed for him, because this is a far cry from The Country Club (Brookline).

Memphis
August 06, 2018

How this is rated number 6 in TN is beyond me. It is not even the best club in Memphis. Once again, the go to default of a Donald Ross course. Don't get me wrong, but I would not be in a rush to tee it up there. It is fairly tight and there are no water hazards. I will give Ross credit, as he made the most of the property that he had. I think it is only about 100 acres, par 70. Not my favorite, but it beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

Memphis