Review for Monifieth (Medal)

I had the good fortune to play as the guest of a member today who kindly offered to introduce me to links golf. What can I say - I'm now a fan. A lovely course, challenging without being so hard I had no chance at all. The rough was generally short enough to allow us to find our balls, which helped keep our pace up. The gorse wasn't as savage as some Scottish courses I've played and the pine trees certainly enhance the course - sometimes sheltering you from the wind, and sometimes funnelling it right at you. It was a busy day on the course, hardly surprising with four clubs sharing the two courses here. Hot on our heels were a trio of lady members who ensured we didn't dally on the greens - but everyone was very friendly and unpretentious. The greens were fast and the whole course was in great condition in spite of the amount of golf that must get played here. When it stopped drizzling and the sun came out, I couldn't think of anywhere better to spend a morning. A very enjoyable experience and I'll be back.....rain or shine.

Date: September 29, 2008

Read all reviews about Monifieth (Medal)