Review for Monte Rei (North)

Although the very modest route to get to Monte Rei may not seem like much, you definitely know when you've arrived at the golf course. A long road with fine views over the course and spectacular villas makes sure you won't be leaving anytime soon.

You're made to feel like a honoured guest as soon as you pull up, taking your car and loading the golf bags straight onto the buggy. A short ride to the scenic driving range where free range balls await with a wonderful short game area and putting green. Overall the practice facilities were brilliant.

The starters reception at a course of this calibre is pretty similar, handing out tees and other bits and bobs before getting the round underway. The course itself is immaculate, the condition top notch and I loved how every hole was an adventure. It's a kind of layout you can go 6 holes without seeing another human, even on a fairly busy day.

Going through every single hole and what I liked is very repetitive so I'll leave you with just one. 13. What a golf hole! Proving a par 4 can be appreciated teeing off from up high to a fairway in between two dunes. Leaving a wonderful second shot downhill to a picturesque green with a sharp drop-off straight after to a lake.

It's a golf course you need a buggy on, in fact they won't even let you walk the course, buggies up to the usual hi tech standard with course map, yardages live scoring etc etc.

Members of the team were waiting for us after our round to collect the buggy, clean our clubs and hand us a special little memento. A Monte Rei bag tag with our names engraved on the bag. Little touches like that do really add to the experience for me.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Monte Rei (and the price tag that comes with it!) to anyone looking for a pristine round of golf in a luxurious place.

Date: February 11, 2020

Read all reviews about Monte Rei (North)