Montenmedio - Southern Spain - Spain

• Not known

• Alexandro Maldonado

• Not known

Visit Golfbreaks.com for a golf holiday at Montenmedio

One of the great, unspoiled courses in the south west of Spain, the Montenmedio Golf and Country Club sits on a wonderful site where beautiful parkland fairways weave their way over lovely rolling terrain. One of the most natural courses in the area, it enjoys a lack of development around its periphery, adding greatly to the golfing experience.

Surrounded by Mediterranean pine, cork, oak and wild olive trees, the estate is a sanctuary for a number of species of migratory birds that make Montenmedio their home after flying in from the colder climes of northern Europe. The property spreads out over 1,250 acres, allowing ample space for other off-course outdoor activities such as horse riding, climbing, hunting and fishing.

The course measures around 6,500 yards (with a par of 72) and the best holes are located between the 5th and the 11th. Interestingly, two of the last three holes on the scorecard are long par threes (at 16 and 18) and what a tough stretch between the 10th and 14th where the stroke index for this five hole sequence is 4, 5, 3, 8 and 1.

Reviews for Montenmedio

Description: One of the great, unspoiled courses in the south west of Spain, the Montenmedio Golf and Country Club sits on a wonderful site where beautiful parkland fairways weave their way over lovely rolling terrain. Rating: 3.5 out of 6 Reviews: 2

This course was recommended by a couple of lads from our gold club who played it a few years ago.

We walked the course as we were told there are only two holes up and down, after walking it, every hole is up and down. It's fairly short of the tee and I personally enjoyed the tightness and position play, but you do need to understand where and which club you should be playing, a second time is always easier but I did enjoy the challenge.

The course fairways could do with improving and a cut of equal length would be a good idea. Greens are a good quality with some good breaks in them to make them challenging.

All in all a good course hidden in the area around Vejer de la frontera and about an hour away from Jerez.

My only criticism is about the bar afterwards, they had a deal on and bearing in mind the course was quiet we asked for the sandwich deal and were told it was off with tapas warmed up in a microwave as the only food they had, we ended up with crisps

Montenmedio
September 19, 2016

1 person found this review helpful and 1 did not
Having played here a few times on a couple of different trips I was surprised to see there are no reviews for it. I guess that is because most of us head for the strip between gib' and Girona? Well, you could do worse than head up the cadiz coast toward Jerez and enjoy the big sky views. The most south Western corner of Spain is rich in Morrish hill top white towns and a more rural experience untroubled by the Big Motorway linking all the rest. I enjoyed the Course as much the genuinely Spanish feel to the fronteras. I enjoyed the empty fairways and the classic clubhouse. The course does not feel manufactured but relies on the routing and the topography to set the tes. I remeber it being in very good condition, whether it is now I have no idea? it is however a very decent course and well worth the trip in the opposite direction to the others when you exit Gib. JCB LAY
Montenmedio