Review for Moor Allerton (Blackmoor & High)

Am a new member at Moor Allerton and felt compelled to write something about the club as i am so happy with my choice of golf club. First and formost, and the ultimate reason for me choosing MA is the course. Yes it's not a traditional Yorkshire Heathland course like Alwoodley, but it depends what you enjoy. My first memories of golf were watching the Masters at Augusta, and i enjoy the grand American feel at MA, The use of flowers and shrubbery is excuisite. The backdrop of firing your tee shot to an elevated green, guarded by a still lake, with a backdrop of flowers of all colours is a joy (alla hole 17.) The greens are simply the best in the area and would probably rival any club in the country. You don't even get a pitch mark, and there's plenty of spin to be had. When the sun shines on the rolling fareways, the whole cause has a certain sheen to it that lifts your spirits. So far the staff and members have been extremely friendly and welcoming. I look forward to playing every day next week, during my hard earned week off.

Date: May 10, 2009

Read all reviews about Moor Allerton (Blackmoor & High)