Review for Moortown

Unlike the gentleman below, we couldn't have received a warmer welcome in the pro shop. He explained that the green staff has decided to hollow tine the greens the day before (due to the good weather) and that he'd reduce our green fees because of this. He talked through the Covid restrictions and we had a chat about the course and which tees to play from.

The course itself eases you in with a gentle par 5, although the green is quite undulating so beware of a 3 putt to start the round. Despite the warning I actually found the greens to be in excellent condition and I actually called in to the shop after our round to mention this. The 10th is probably the stand out hole but in general we found Moortown to be a solid course, with an interesting layout, that was in great condition. I didn't feel like there were any weak holes and I really liked the stretch from 11 to 14 that others seem to suggest are out of place.

We finished the round with a couple of beers sat overlooking the 18th green, watching the players behind us coming in, and once again received a warm welcome from the staff in the bar.

I'll hopefully come back and pair it up with Alwoodley.

Date: September 23, 2020