Natadola Bay - Fiji

• +679 673 3500

• David Roche

• Heritage Golf

• Not known

Set out on a spectacular site overlooking the Pacific Ocean on the southwest coast of Fiji, local golfing hero Vijay Singh (in association with the design team at IMG) should have laid out the fairways at Natadola Bay, but a dispute between Vijay and the developers saw him walk away from the project.

In stepped Singapore-based construction company Heritage Golf to complete the design and so Natadola Bay – boasting ocean views from fifteen of its Seashore Paspalum grass fairways – became the fifth 18-hole golf course in the island nation when it debuted in 2009.

Toughest holes on the card are the 1st (index 1) and the 18th (index 2), both of which play as testing long par fours. The 544-yard 6th is perhaps the most memorable hole, with an elevated tee positioned 200 feet above a fairway that snakes right then left to the green.

Best of the short holes is the 145-yard 15th, played to a green that’s protected by three front bunkers.

The Fiji International was first hosted at Natadola Bay in 2014 and shortly after Brandt Snedeker’s 2016 victory, Vijay Singh (in collaboration with Ernie Els’ Senior Design Associate Greg Letsche) stepped back in to make a number of alterations to the layout ahead of the 2017 tournament.

Reviews for Natadola Bay

Description: Set out on a spectacular site overlooking the Pacific Ocean on the southwest coast of Fiji, local golfing hero Vijay Singh (in association with the design team at IMG) should have laid out the fairways at Natadola Bay... Rating: 9.5 out of 10 Reviews: 2
John Murcott

Brilliant Golf Course #1 Fiji that I've played certainly in the harder bracket as a Championship setup with the Fiji open being played here.,, at the time I played the course wasn't in prime condition as low rainfall had limited fairway watering etc

I played off the white tees and was humbled in my first round blowing out my HC in the first Nine Holes!! much respect must be given not only off the tees but attacking the greens you don't want to miss as best case you land in one of the many bunkers.

Scenery is spectacular the designers did A+ job many early and late holes in stunning coastal beaches water views ...then next few middle holes you are playing in hilly jungle feeling miles away from the cooling sea breezes

Some major elevation changes across the course some of the most I've ever played on (No way you would want to walk this course!!)

I did warm up and play at our local resort's Nine hole course and had a good practice pre-game but still carded my worst Nine hole score for the year its that hard mainly because I didn't give the course the respect it deserves, I think if you can score to your HC or below you have done exceeding well.

I enjoyed the course so much and felt I didn't give it my best I returned a couple days later to have another crack but yet agin Quad Bogeyed the 5th PAR 5 a monster 461m hillclimb hole(My worst hole of both rounds!!) I ended up within 1 shot of my first round..

Do get a Course Guide (will be paid back in ball savings)

tee off early heat + day breeze only makes it harder

Do contact the club direct I saved on transport and got a sharp price on the round

Natadola = breathtaking and brutal

PS-I'm certainly coming back with a goal to play to HC and score a sub 90!!

June 08, 2020

Scarlett
Natadola Bay Golf Course - Photo by reviewerSpectacular. Actually, make that SPECTACULAR! Everyone I spoke to in Fiji reckons this is the number 1 course in the country and I can't see how they could be wrong. There are coastal holes right on the lagoon, there are huge elevation changes on the inland holes and there are tough questions being asked on just about every shot. The only downside is that it's quite expensive (FJD235), but if you're a serious golfer and you're on Viti Levu in Fiji, just do everything you can to play this course.
May 11, 2013