Review for Natadola Bay

Brilliant Golf Course #1 Fiji that I've played certainly in the harder bracket as a Championship setup with the Fiji open being played here.,, at the time I played the course wasn't in prime condition as low rainfall had limited fairway watering etc

I played off the white tees and was humbled in my first round blowing out my HC in the first Nine Holes!! much respect must be given not only off the tees but attacking the greens you don't want to miss as best case you land in one of the many bunkers.

Scenery is spectacular the designers did A+ job many early and late holes in stunning coastal beaches water views ...then next few middle holes you are playing in hilly jungle feeling miles away from the cooling sea breezes

Some major elevation changes across the course some of the most I've ever played on (No way you would want to walk this course!!)

I did warm up and play at our local resort's Nine hole course and had a good practice pre-game but still carded my worst Nine hole score for the year its that hard mainly because I didn't give the course the respect it deserves, I think if you can score to your HC or below you have done exceeding well.

I enjoyed the course so much and felt I didn't give it my best I returned a couple days later to have another crack but yet agin Quad Bogeyed the 5th PAR 5 a monster 461m hillclimb hole(My worst hole of both rounds!!) I ended up within 1 shot of my first round..

Do get a Course Guide (will be paid back in ball savings)

tee off early heat + day breeze only makes it harder

Do contact the club direct I saved on transport and got a sharp price on the round

Natadola = breathtaking and brutal

PS-I'm certainly coming back with a goal to play to HC and score a sub 90!!

Date: June 08, 2020