Review for Nefyn & District (Old)

Tough one this, the scenery is amazing, that is a given. We played 28 holes here at the beginning of October on summer prices and the greens were poor and the tee boxes shocking. Okay they were doing some work on the course at the time but why charge full price? We played Aberdovey, Royal St Davids and Porthmadog as well that week, they charged summer prices but the courses were immaculate. The conditions were brutal, and the wind was howling but I really enjoyed the challenge even though I got 12 points on the front 10! We then played the old 8 and what a test that is, I had a word with my self and got 15 points through that 8. We played 12 as a par 5 (on the card as a par 4 but is a par 5 some days apparently, thanks for telling us!) it is a silly hole in my opinion as a par 5, blind drive which is fine but then you are left with either a 230 yard 2nd shot to a raised green with no run up or a 9 iron lay up as I did. 13 is an awesome hole with a drive over the sea rocks and then the second to an amphitheatre green surrounded by rocks. I have read a few of the reviews below and appreciate that it must be a complete nightmare to play in the summer because of the public footpath and the amount of tees and greens that cross each other, this must produce 5 hour rounds plus and drive the members mad, maybe thats why they have the new 8. Great course, shame about the greens at the time but prefer Aberdovey, Royal St David's and Porthmadog, not sure if we will play it next year.

Date: October 14, 2008

Read all reviews about Nefyn & District (Old)