Review for Noria

Noria was the last course I played in my Moroccan visit and despite its somewhat quirky design I thought was the best of the 3 I played in Marrakech. The course has been carved out of some uninspiring flat desert terrain, despite that there are some gentle undulations and elevation changes to make the routing interesting. The generous fairways were a joy to play from; lush and springy grass meant I never had a poor lie; however any loose shots are severely punished if you stray from the green stuff into waste areas which are baked as hard as concrete by the desert sun. If you’re lucky enough to find you’re ball in the waste its like hitting off a stony cart path! The course is well bunkered, catch a fairway bunker and it’s almost impossible to make the green in regulation even though the sand is forgiving. I thought the best holes were the par 3’s and 2 par 5’s, the 5th and 15th. Unfortunately the beautiful club house is barely used, both the bar and restaurant were closed when I visited and looked to have been so for a while, shame not to enjoy a post round beer overlooking the rectangular reflecting pool between the 9th and 18th greens.

Date: October 09, 2017