Review for North Berwick (West)

The true measure of a great course is that you enjoy it even if you don't score particularly well. Despite not having my best playing day, I left with a huge smile on my face after played North Berwick.

The course seems to be universally cherished in Scotland, with everyone from hotel staff to starters at other courses (St. Andrews included) claiming it is one of their favorites. All this talk raised expectations a great deal but I was not the least bit disappointed. Lucky enough to be blessed with a sunny day in the middle of April, I headed out to play the course everyone kept talking about. From the drive up to it to the amazing scenery and quirky stone walls, it was an experience I will never forget.

Given the unseasonal good weather, the whole town seemed to be out either playing or walking the course which slowed down pace of play a little. But that gave me more time to enjoy the course and the views, still finishing our two-ball round in 3 and a half hours. And I can easily say it was the most fun 3 and a half hours I have ever spent on a golf course. I can't wait to play this course again!

Date: May 03, 2016

Read all reviews about North Berwick (West)