Review for Northamptonshire County

I have played Northamptonshire County a few times over the years and have always found it a good parkland course. It has a tough start with a straight but long 454yard par 4 followed by an equally straight par 5 . The short 3rd is a nice looking par 3 and a good par 4 follows and these are my favourite holes on the course; strong par 4's at 5 and 7 and an interesting short par 4 at 8 follow. Holes 10-14 are the other side of the railway line and for some reason (and unlike other reviewers) when ever I play these holes I don't enjoy them as much as the rest of the course. Once you return over the railway line the finishing four holes are good with a nice par 3, two strong par 4's and a fairly narrow par 5 to finish. I haven't played any other of the Northamptonshire courses to compare it with, but for me I'd put it behind Little Aston in terms of parkland courses I have played and some way behind a number of heathland courses. A good course (not great) and worthy of a day out so suits a 4 ball rating for me.

Date: May 12, 2020