Review for Notts

I played Notts as a first-on-the-course single on a beautiful April morning. This is a simply delightful course, with a wonderful variety of holes winding there way through a series of beautiful settings. I found the course Notts Golf Course - Photo by reviewer challenging, yet not punitive off the tee and on approach shots. Perfect for the low to middle handicapper looking for a nice test of skills, but not numerous lost balls. I was told that I was the first American visitor during 2017 at Notts. This suggests to me that many American visitors are ignoring the tremendous degree of depth which exists in English golf courses. After you get beyond the Open rota, there are dozens of high quality English courses which welcome visitors with reasonable green fees and terrific traditional golf layouts (e.g. Woking, Addington, Formby, West Lancashire, etc., etc.). My day concluded with a round at the stellar Lindrick course, roughly 20 miles away, and offering much of the same hospitality and quality golf.

Date: May 02, 2017