Originally founded as Oakhurst Country Club in 1921, Oaks Country Club was formed twenty-six years later when the membership acquired the club. The course is an authentic A. W. Tillinghast design, with fairways laid out close to the Parthenia Lake Dam, less than a 15-minute drive southwest of downtown Tulsa.
In 2014, the Oaks was substantially renovated, including the construction of new tee boxes, greens and bunkers. Atlanta-based architect Bill Bergin studied numerous “Tilly” bunker styles, 1950s aerial photographs and topographical maps during his research for this important project which also resulted in the relocation of four green complexes.
Notable holes on this 6,802-yard layout include the 430-yard 5th (rated stroke index 1), the 405-yard 10th, where water lies to the right of the fairway, a couple of long testing par fours at holes 12 and 13, and a strong finisher at the double doglegged 18th, which measures all of 469 yards from the back tees.