Finca Cortesin at Algarve? Maybe! Similar setting, quality of service, course set up and maintenance, piece of land, amazing club house, crew very kind and helpful ... a really MUST!
In the middle of the trip we played this course and loved it. Really it is tough to speak about "design" when the piece of land and routing are the ones who direct your course. Of course, a good shaper and imagination around the greens is needed but Faldo has that with him so we found a fantastic course.
Brutal green speed, some nice level changes, short par 4s to go for it and other long ones like monster 10th hole (driver and hybrid for me!). Bunkers in amazing shape and with great quality of sand.
Everything starts great when you are received, your clubs go directly to the carts and you can enjoy coffee plus proshop goods before going to the amazing driving range.
About the Course ... some very high notes:
- 1st hole is a tough opener up the hill with an amazing huge green.
- Reachable 3rd is a perfect risk/reward equation ... don´t miss!
- Par 5 4th with a stream crossing at 320 yds being downhill will make you think before hitting driver.
- Par 4 8th gives you many chances of were to place your tee shot, just be smart and don't risk it too much.
- As said 10th is a monster, downhill 450yds par 4.
- Then from 12th to 17th up and down the hill you have the best views of the course and of the entire property.
- Finishing hole is another par 5 where a stream will make you think before hitting driver.
All in one a fantastic golf course and nice experience, where service is at the top. If you come to Algarve, this one has to be on the "roster".
Date: May 16, 2018