Oshawa Golf and Curling Club was formed in 1906, with brothers Robert and Thomas Henderson from Musselburgh designing the club’s original layout. George Cumming reworked the course and it became an 18-hole course in the early 1920s before Stanley Thompson was called in to “rearrange the course and develop what was formally the Ross property” in 1929.
Ninety years later, the British design firm of Mackenzie & Ebert was commissioned to advise Oshawa on a Long Term Plan for the course, with the company submitting a Historic Research Study for consideration in 2020. The club’s irrigation system needs to be replaced and this work will be carried out along with any design alterations that are made in due course.
Currently, the layout measures just over 6,400 yards from the back tees, playing to a par of 72, with holes arranged as two returning nines. The Oskhawa Creek runs through the property from north to south, though it’s only brought into play when crossed by both the par three 12th and par four 13th holes.