Review for Panmure

I can safely say that if I was forced to spend the rest of my life playing golf on no other course than Panmure, I'd die a very happy man!! We arrived for an afternoon round as the sea mist closed in over the course, the temperature dropped and we stood shivering on the 1st tee, Scotland in June, what more did we expect. However, by the time we'd negotiated our way up the 1st hole the mist had cleared, the sun had come out and we spent the rest of the round bathed in lovely sunshine, if I wasn't a 'Jerusalem' child I'd have to agree 'God's country'!! Panmure to be fair is a cross between a traditional links course with it's rolling fairways, deep pot-bunkers and tight-lies and a heathland course with the wonderous soft, springy grass, heather, gorse and groups of trees to frame each hole. Every hole is a challenge, with superb, clever bunkering and wonderous greens that were superbly conditioned and consistent. Par the 6th with Hogan's Bunker and you're doing well and try not to laugh at the quirky 8th that we renamed 'Dolly Parton', you'll see why when you play it! Follow the round as we did by enjoying a drink on the patio in the evening sunshine and life gets no better!!

Date: June 29, 2007