Review for Pegasus

I came here nine years ago, not soon after it opened, and only got to play the back nine for reasons too dull to repeat here. Finally got to return and see the full 18, and funnily enough, left with exactly the same impression that I had before. Back then, I thought this was a course competently designed to have a wide appeal, to cater well to the casual golfer, not beat them up, but still provide interest along the way. Maybe leave the architecture buffs feeling like it was a little formulaic, but maybe they weren’t the target audience. My review from that visit was posted here, on 15/7/12, the first on this website for this course, and I’m happy with it.

So playing the front nine, I learned nothing new. Every hole was decent, no duds on the whole course in fact. Some strategy to an extent – a few well angled greens, a little bit of risk reward. Decent enough variety. Par 5’s all point in different directions (ie on the compass). I could come up with a blithe line about all the ingredients being there, but that doesn’t make a cake. But the cake is perfectly sweet actually.

Golf is meant to be fun, and (in my book) anyone who thinks that’s a superficial way to look at architecture may have lost sight of something fundamental. Pegasus may not stir your golfing soul in any great sense, but you will definitely have fun – what else do you need?

Date: March 28, 2021