Review for Pennard

My final day of my 3 day wales tour and what an unbelievable place to finish! Definitely ended on a high note as this truly is an awesome course, but be warned it will tire you out as it is extremely hilly. The views you get on this course are spectacular and before you even start your round you are treated to a magnificent view of the whole golf course. It gets its name of 'the links in the sky' for a good reason.

The back 9 in my opinion was the 9 that I preferred it had prettier holes and had a bit more of a linksy feel to it. Some of my favourite holes would have to be the par 4 7th, which is a signature hole as you hit towards Pennard Castle, what a great hole this is but unless you hit a long one up there you will be playing a tricky blind second shot and you do not want to leave it short as the green slopes away from you massively so you'll be left with a hard 3rd shot. Holes 12 through 18 are also fantastic, but a favourite hole of mine would have to be the 16th as it is right at the edge of the cliffs and is up there with the best views I have seen in all my time of golf.

The only reason why I would not say that this is a 6 ball course is because the condition isn't quite up there with Royal Porthcawl which I therefore preferred, but nonetheless this is a magnificent golf course well worth playing.

Date: April 17, 2019