Review for Pilará

The pancake flat land around Buenos Aires means that if you want to build a course here you need to shape everything and move earth. When they laid down this course they moved A LOT of earth! They did a fine job.

Having played many of Jacks Courses I am starting to see many similarities in his courses. I am sure you have too and know what I mean. I am always happy to go out of my way for one of his Pilara Golf Course - Photo by reviewer courses. I think the land here was pretty mundane before he got hold of it and now there is a fine USPGA standard course that held the Argentine Open a couple of weeks ago. I can see why.

This is Golf on a grand scale. With a well routed swashbuckling journey that asks many different questions of your game and presents opportunities to play different strategies on each of the holes. Will I play a course in Argentina in better condition than this? I don't think it is possible. Yup it is unashamedly manufactured and unnatural but none the worse for it. They have got it right. I would play here again in a heart beat.

Once again I can thank Javier of wegolfargentina for lining up another fantastic fourball for me the lone golfer, Thank you Philippe and Ricardo! you can follow me on instagram: the_barefoot_golfer

JCB LAY