Review for Pinnacle Point

Probably it is one of the most picturesque fields and one of the best golf courses in the Garden Route and TOP 10 in South Africa. I had played here 3 times in the middle of January, condition of fields was pretty good, greens could be faster (too slow for me). They have really 5 stars villas and apartments resort with acceptable price and discount for residens to play golf. I was bit dissapointed regarding driving range. It was somewhere outside fields and our company of players didn‘t reach it all week lived here. Golf cource is extremaly challenging, especially when windy. For example, one day when was relatively quiet, I over hit the green with PW in 7 hole (was 139 y to pin, bit downhill)...but next day with front wind I didn‘t reach green with 9 iron! Definitely I’m not pro player, but wind here make miracles. Some of this holes really eating your balls  Especially 8th and 9th hole, also 13th with 18th. The 5th hole and 18th hole is calling to do risky long drive for an eagle chance...to be with second on the green, but everything depends on wind. Hole No. 8 is a true “Risk and Reward” hole – possibility to reach green from the tee turning your sensible mind off ... Actually every golf course rating is always a subject with a lot of subjectivity, depending on various criteria. I always rating by the following criteria: course complexity or challenging, fields condition (especially greens & fairways), service (only what you can get: buggie, club rent, condition of clubs, the amount of choice and etc. except staff and other subjective things that depends on your or staff mood), surrounding views or pleasure to the eyes and definitely value for the price. All criteries will be rating from 1 to 5 stars. Concerning Pinnacle Point my personal opinion is follow:

1. Challenging - 5*+ (especially when windy)

2. Condition - 4*

3. Service - 4* (everything OK, excl driving range)

4. Surroundings - 5*+ (surrounding images even prevents concentration of game)

5. Value for the price - 5*

I think it is one of „must be played“ in South Africa. If you want to test your accuracy – let‘s try!

I will be back and not one time.

Date: March 13, 2019