Review for Point at Polzeath

I played the course 14 years ago and the redesigned version is very different, in fact the whole experience is! This is a great place to spend a day golfing with some of the best new facilities I've seen in a long time. I am fortunate to visit 50+ golf courses a year in the UK and this is the one I feel most compelled to review. The staff are second to none and offer a great welcome to golfers and non golfers alike and with so much on offer I wouldn't hesitate to base myself here for a Cornish holiday. While I appreciate this is a golf website, I have to mention the restaurant, gym, pool and fitness studio are the best I've seen at a golf resort in this country. The course itself has undergone many visual changes and is very pretty, anyone lucky enough to play Carya in Turkey will be familiar with the designers. I have played early season and late and both times the condition was excellent, especially the putting surfaces. It will be interesting to see just how far the owners take this course as the vision and enthusiasm of the whole team are a rare breed in the current golf market. I would expect lots of repeat custom from visitors in 2015/16 for years to come. I would recommend a buggy for the best playing experience and if there are golf/food offers available the catering is excellent! A must play for societies/groups !

Date: September 30, 2016