Review for Porters Park

I played at Porters Park for a number of years as a member and enjoyed my time there. The course in the summer is usually in good condition and the greens can get very quick.

It's not the longest of course (but who needs that anyway) but you will have to play well to shoot your handicap. It starts out seemingly easy with a short par 4 which I like very much. I have, however, topped my tee shot onto the 18th green on occasion but no other golfers were injured. After the first, the course starts to show some teeth with long par 4s on 3 and 4. The par 3 6th is very tricky to play (perhaps too tricky?) but a great challenge. People say that the par 5 10th hole is a bit weak but I think it's a fun hole. I'm not too fond of the par 5 13th with OB all along the left hand side. A scene of many lost balls.

The closing holes at Porters are strong ones with 16, 17 and 18 all posing a good challenge. I think 18 is more a par 5 but it makes for a very good closing hole.

You will have a lovely time at Porters, it's well worth playing if you're around the area. David and Peter in the pro shop are good guys too.

Date: March 25, 2020