Review for Portstewart (Strand)

Portstewart is a lovely course, in a lovely setting with lovely holes. Having read reviews I was fully expecting the excitement of the front nine and the lesser back nine, but like I felt at Hindhead I actually thoroughly enjoyed both nines. Unfortunately playing in the March the 2nd and 3rd were closed, which was a shame as the 2nd looked a cracker. There are too many holes to mention and playing with 40mph gusts made it very hard. I am just going to note a few of holes that I enjoyed. 4 is all about placing the ball in the right place. Don’t try for 2 unless your are on it. 5 is lovely, place the tee shot and then go for the green. 8 is a great hole, take a bit of the hill and get your ball down to the lowest level. On the back 9 just enjoy it is a run of really good holes I personally really liked 11 and 16.

The round for us was not about scoring but just trying to keep the ball in play and maybe make a few pars. I would love to play again in the summer with less wind and be on my game. I can guarantee one thing, bring your game and you will walk off with a massive smile on your face.

Date: March 17, 2019

Read all reviews about Portstewart (Strand)