Review for Prairie Dunes

Wow - What a treat to get to play this course a few times. Probably the toughest course I have played, but in no means is it unfair. Laid out beautifully across the Kansas Sandhills one gets a sense of place as soon as they pull into the property. The course starts out with a 400+ yard dog leg left that has a second shot that play in to the prevailing wind. It gives the golfer an idea of what is in store. I really enjoyed the par 5s, seven and seventeen, as they are similar lengths but one plays into the prevailing wind and the other plays with it. A great contrast! 10 is a downwind par 3 that I still haven't figured out how to play! The 12th always brings debate and I am one for the tree that obscures the green. It makes for an interesting approach and make position of the tee paramount. I haven't even mentioned the greens, top 5 I have ever played! The only ding I have on the course is that "The Gunch" pretty much eats any ball that is hit into it. I hit 9ish balls into said gunch and never recovered a single one.

In summary Prairie Dunes CC is a must play club. The course is extremely tough but fair. There is not a single hole to ease up on and all are top class. Finally the fun has only begun once one reaches the green...

Date: September 18, 2019