Review for Puntiro

Golf Park Mallorca - Puntiró was played at middle of June 2021 and was bit disappointed. First of all I have a big doubt about rating this club is third in Mallorca. Next my point of view is about maintenance of fields. I clearly understand about troubles to care in hot season, but in other hand many courses was played at the same time and they looks much more better. Probably greens are the best part of this fields and acceptable prices also...

Actually all golf club surroundings are remembrance about average country club. Service is O.K., rented clubs new, but buggies are too old and we seriously thinking could we finish few last holes or must call to clubhouse for pick up us. Restaurant was closed. Only half way corner was open to have some drinks or snacks, but not attractive after finishing round to return back for that. Fairways are firm and balls rolls enough distance after landing to have a good approach. Greens also firm but better maintained, fast and unpredictable. Concerning architecture and picturesque this golf course is not boring with many natural hazards and few holes near two lakes. Golf course is not very challenging (from yellow tee), but you must be very careful to atack pin from every distance. Overhitting means lost ball at many cases.

All you need is some accuracy and huge distance from tee. For long hitters some par5 greens are reachable by two (11st & 14th). No doubt the best holes are beside lakes – 7th, 8th and 15th, 16th. My favorite is 7th with reachable distance from yellow tee to green by first shot (with favorable wind). Game success depešos on wind also.

Value for price I found average here. Staff is pleasant and friendly.

No doubt every golf course rating is always a subject with a lot of subjectivity, depending on various criteria. I always rating by the following criteria: course complexity or challenging, fields condition (especially greens & fairways), service (only what you can get: buggie, clubs rent, condition of clubs, the amount of choice and etc. except staff and other subjective things that depends on your or staff mood), surrounding views or pleasure to the eyes and definitely value for the price. All criteries will be rating from 1 to 5 stars.

Concerning Golf Park Mallorca my personal opinion is follow:

1. Challenging – 3*+

2. Condition – 3*

3. Service - 3*+

4. Surroundings - 2*+

5. Value for the price - 3*

I have doubt to return here next time.

Date: July 07, 2021