Review for Quinta do Lago (South)

The final leg of our recent visit found us with an early start at the South course. With the recent large spend on the course I was interested to see what changes had been made. The answer was not many, which in some sense was a relief as the layout is one I have always really enjoyed. In reality the money appears to have been spent on a major tidy up of undergrowth along and between the holes. The local bark chip supplier has enjoyed a bumper year! One bonus it's very hard to lose a ball with all of the bark on the ground.

Once again the greens ran quick and smooth and with the exception of the wicked 11th green they are a pleasure to put on. The South played a little longer than the North course and it puts more emphasis on driving and strong iron play. The ability to shape your tee shots is a great advantage here. I would always recommend playing Laranjal,North and the South course when visiting the area as all three are a cut above many of the courses in the locality with the South being my favourite.

Date: November 23, 2021

Read all reviews about Quinta do Lago (South)