Review for Rams Hill

I had heard the whispers of the resuscitated Rams Hill from my Southern California brethren and when I finally got a chance to see it for myself this year, I was blown away by the conditioning of the course, the scenery but most importantly the fun I was having on the course!

The only knock on Rams Hill is its location, out in the middle of nowhere in Borrego Springs California, but maybe that is what makes it special. There are very few houses on the course (unlike its Palm Springs cousins), and it provides for a very quiet round of golf, which allows you to focus on how great a Fazio design it is.

The routing goes up and down the hill with wide fairways allowing for various tee shots leading to interesting green complexes and devilish bunkers. The par 3s are long and visually intimidating while the par 5s give you risk/reward options to have you dreaming of eagle, or double bogeys. Each hole is different and enjoyable, even if you are making worms widows that day.

I have been dragging my Los Angeles golfing friends down to Rams Hill ever since I started playing it this year and if you find yourself in Southern California, it is definitely worth a jaunt out there.

Date: November 21, 2016