Review for Remedy Oak

Beyond good, bordering on golfing perfection. It is just a beautiful and challenging course that will bite you hard if you do not bring your best game (which I didn't).It is more of a thinking players course rather than one for the long hitters though it is by no means short and some of the par 3's will have you taking the big stick out of the bag. Massive greens and massive bunkers but never feels in anyway artificial or American. The yardage book will be the best £5 investment you will ever make before playing Remedy Oak and should be consulted on every shot.The presentation of the course is as good as you would expect and even through you are playing through a forest there is enough width on the fairways to make not it feel like it is a tight track, stick it into the trees though and you'll have to start fashioning some Mickelson esque Augusta shots.I was a little aprehensive before I went at how would the members take to a party of 12 visitors playing their course on a Saturday, after all they have paid a lot of money for a slice of exclusivity. I need not have worried, all of the members we met were fantastic and genuinely interested in how we were finding the Remedy Oak experience, a real credit to the club.The service from both the staff and the pro's at the club cannot be bettered, it doesn't feel pretentious or forced just geniune friendly customer service.Play this course if you can, the green fee is neither expensive or cheap it is affordable and when you put it next to other courses ranked higher (which are nowhere near as good) then it actually looks good value.As we were driving away the comments were 'best course I have ever played' and that sums it up, just bring plenty of balls....

Date: May 16, 2012