Review for Rio Real

Having played Rio real 4 years ago I was very excited to be playing it again. We had a bad experience with slow play last time and was hoping not to encounter this again.

I arrived at the course straight from the airport and received a great welcome. Had a great lunch, enjoyed the driving range which is great value and waited for fellow members of my tour to arrive. The service from the pro shop and starters was excellent. Much better than previous time.

The course was in excellent condition and greens very true. The course is very playable with some great holes. There are some bad holes (10,11,6) but the rest are very good indeed. Course may not be the best in the costa del sol, but certainly considering price, service and the course itself, must rank as one of the best. For me and my group, we preferred playing courses like Rio real and Santana rather than places like San roque.

Overall Rio real ranks very highly. Only negative this time again was slow play due to too many groups teeing off within a short period and starting us off the 10th. I always like to play the course in it’s intended format so this was a shame.

Date: May 05, 2018