Review for Riviera

I arrived at Riviera slightly before my host. Standing on the putting green at the top of the hill in front of the clubhouse, the morning sun illuminated the course spectacularly. I was so engrossed in the view I didn’t hear my host shouting on me as he arrived!

Riviera is a special place. From the first tee, to the 6th green with the bunker on it, the split fairway on 8, to the majestic short 10th and the walk up 18, there is moment after moment of sheer brilliance.

Other reviewers have commented on how there is not a weak hole on the course and I completely agree. There is a great mix in hole lengths and shapes. I particularly liked how all the par 3s are very different.

Favourite hole for me was the 8th. Deciding what fairway to hit, then having an approach shot into a slightly elevated green that slopes off viciously to the front and right was very cool.

It’s quite interesting that despite being somewhat of a local lad, Tiger never won here. According to my host and caddy, he could never get to grips with the greens. Neither could I with putt after putt burning the edges!

I absolutely loved my day at Riv and can’t wait to return some day

Date: March 20, 2022