Review for Roda

I like to play Roda once each trip to the Costa Blanca for a change in challenge. I usually score well because of the wide and quite flat fairways, and their good condition which means you usually get a good lie and hit fairway woods. The course starts in a welcome manner with an open wide hole. Most of the greens are fairly big so the challenge is in getting the pace right when you are not close to the hole. Although many people think the par 3 7th with the island green is a challenge, the green and surrounds provide a large landing area with bailout to the right. For me the par 4 12th with the green hiding the fact that the lake is also behind the green is a tougher approach as you have less depth than the 7th (I know as I played over and in :-( the first time to avoid being short.). So long you are happy hit longer second shots, the course gives you fair options into the well paced and consistent rolling greens. Overall an enjoyable course, with a great clubhouse and friendly staff.

Date: April 30, 2018