Review for Roda

I played at this golf course in early December 2021. The first impression upon arrival is quite good – spacious clubhouse, driving range, practice zone and no problem with car parking.

The fields are good enough quality, although in some places there seems to be a lack of maintenance (perhaps this is due to the very dry period).

The fields are not very difficult, making them suitable for players of all levels. Much depends on weather conditions and wind strength and direction. Greens are good, soft (the ball stops quickly and the back spin can be well controlled).

Since I’ve been lucky enough to make a birdie in the 1st and 10th holes, I could say they’re easy, but certainly not. First of all the 1st hole par5 has a dogleg to right and out of bounds in the right side (driving range zone) so first shot must be careful in you prepare to cut some meters to green. Also do not forget about huge bunker in front. The next one par3 hole also is not so easy concerning distance (178 meters from club tee). Much more easier with 5th hole par5 as it is short and green reachable with second shot for not very long hiters too. Real birdie or eagle chance! Very interesting hole 7. The green of this par3 is an island. A precise medium or short iron is needed to reach it. It was about 150 m. from yellow tee to pin when I played. As I said previously hole 10 easy par5 and to make birdie is not big deal (especially if you a long hitter).

The back nine has more water hazards and my opinion is bit more interesting then front nine. The last hole par5 has really big challenge to reach green carefully with GIR. Nice hole!

I could confidently recommend this course to all golfers.

Value for money I found high here.

No doubt every golf course rating is always a subject with a lot of subjectivity, depending on various criteria. I always rating by the following criteria: course complexity or challenging, fields condition (especially greens & fairways), service (only what you can get: buggie, clubs rent, condition of clubs, the amount of choice and etc. except staff and other subjective things that depends on your or staff mood), surrounding views or pleasure to the eyes and definitely value for the price. All criteria's will be rating from 1 to 5 stars. Concerning Roda golf course my personal opinion is follow:

1. Challenging – 3*+

2. Condition – 4*+

3. Service - 4*

4. Surroundings - 3*+

5. Value for the price - 4*+

I look forward to coming back here.

Date: February 03, 2022