Review for Rosapenna (Sandy Hills)

Firstly I must declare a very distant family relationship on my wife’s side of the family, notwithstanding this, my sons and I played both courses, Old Tom Morris and Sandy Hills, at Rosapenna daily for five days in October 2005. Sandy Hills I rate as being one of the most testing courses I have ever played on, added together with the fact that it is a links course with the variable weather to contend with, this course is a true test of ones golf and if you let it get the better of you it has the ability to destroy your self belief. Playing straight golf is not good enough you must be able to shape your shots. The greens are true and straight however it is an absolute imperative to read the greens correctly, very expensive if you cannot do this. Rosapenna is a gem. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful with probably the most exhilarating golf in the world. Royal County Down, Ballybunion, Royal Portrush, Lahinch, Waterville, and dare I say it The European Club eat your heart out you have been well and truly matched and overtaken.

Date: February 26, 2006

Read all reviews about Rosapenna (Sandy Hills)