Review for Roxburghe

I made the trip to Roxburghe on the recommendation of my father, who enjoys a yearly trip to the course with some friends. I was not disappointed, with anything on the day. The course lived up to the stories I had been told, it is grand lay out with some great holes. A classic modern parkland, I would go as far to say that it is my favourite parkland in Scotland, bettering the likes of the Kings and Queens. We played in late March, finding the course a little soft underfoot. We hired a buggy as my father is 73 and there is a fair walk between some holes, in the end I am very glad we did as I too might have struggled a bit as the course makes it up and down the hills several times. The signature hole has to be played from the back tee, with a stunning view of a large stone viaduct in the distance. I cannot wait to go back and that is praise indeed as I only have a small list of courses I want to play again, over playing something new. The course is a little out the way but it is well worth the drive, even a weekend away to get a couple of games in. Enjoy!

Date: March 10, 2019