Review for Royal Liverpool

Played Royal Liverpool yesterday and was aware that it has got very contrasting reviews! What I would say cannot be argued is the club house, facilities, staff and food are without doubt top class - and made for a great start to proceedings!

I often find when playing top rated courses, that they do tend to flatter to deceive, and I have now played all the Open courses in this neck of the woods.....

I really enjoyed the course, helped by the fact I played well, but there wasnt many holes I can remember as being stand out amazing. The layout is tough but having avoided going in a single bunker I didnt find out just how tough it can play (my playing partner didnt!), and the wind was a great challenge! The course was in immaculate condition and again was without fault.....

Overall I was very impressed but not amazed at the course, I am very glad I have now played it, but wouldnt be driving back to play it again in a hurry, which is not because it is not a great course, more so because there are so many great courses to play!

Play this course and see what you think!

Date: August 03, 2017