Review for Royal Liverpool

Our trip to Royal Liverpool was played under the threat of lockdown. Elbows were used instead of handshakes and we made sure we sat away from people in the bar. We did however sit in the bar and pre game had a lovely egg and bacon sandwich watching the members tee off.

There was a bit of work going on on the course, so the 2nd and 5th greens were out of play but this I understand is development of the course. As other people mention the course comes alive, really alive on 7 and I thoroughly enjoyed the run from here 13 (especially 8, 9 and 11) however I think this does the course a disservice. Actually 4 is a lovely par 3, 5 is not half bad and the tee shot at 6 is great, I hit one down the middle and I walked to the ball with a big smile on my face.

They are doing some work in creating a new 17th par 3 which we took a little look at and will definitely improve the course.

I have a played a few of the open venues and this for me is not as good as those but this is still a lovely links, full of history and very welcoming.

Date: June 07, 2020