Review for Royal Porthcawl

2nd day of my Wales tour took me to the beautiful Royal Porthcawl. What a golf course this is. The condition was immaculate, beautiful tees, lovely fairways, speedy and pure greens. This adds to the already great golf course that Royal Porthcawl is. Hole 1 is a lovely par 4 littered with bunkers down the fairway and is a perfect opening hole. Hole 4 is a fantastic long par 3 with beautiful greenside bunkers giving it a really old feel to the great links course it is. What I also liked about this course was the great amount of yellow gorse bushes that there were, it almost felt like you were at Royal Dornoch and it gives it even more of a great linksy feel. All the par 3’s were awesome but my favourite par 3 would be the 14th hole, a nice short par 3 with many greenside bunkers around making it a tough green to hit as it is relatively small. The course is unbelievably good and made better by the great history the club has with awesome facilities to practice for. I highly reccomend paying the green fee to play there as it truly is spectacular and you will be so happy to have played there. I hope i’m able to return there in the future.

Date: April 16, 2019