Review for Royal Sydney

A club golfing friend of mine erroneously assumed that my round at Royal Sydney would be the highlight of my trip. Having played the course on a number of occasions before I was looking forward to the manicured challenge that this sleeping giant at Rose Bay would present, however, I was conscious that time has not been kind to this grand old lady.

Significant non indigenous tree planting from the 1960’s and 70’s has encroached upon playing corridors to such a negative extent that the Gill Hanse and his bulldozers cannot move in quick enough. To see historical wide view photographs of the layout denuded of tree canopy shows where RSGC has come from and where they wish to get back to should Woollhara council allow the much needed reimagining of this oasis of calm almost within the Sydney CBD boundaries.

I look forward to reacquainting myself with RSGC 2.0 as and when the opportunity arises.

For more information on my Australian golfing adventure, please click the following link: The Long Road to Van Diemen's Land

Date: September 22, 2020