Sanctuary - Western Australia - Australia

Australia

• Robert Smales

• Michael Coate

• Spencer Little

Located just outside the coastal city of Bunbury, close to where the Collie River empties into the Leschenault Estuary, the Sanctuary Golf Resort course is a mid-1990s Michael Coate design.

Configured as two returning nines, the outward half is routed around a residential development to the north of the property, with the inward half laid out on more open terrain to the south. Water comes into play at several holes on both nines.

Michael Coate sent us this comment in February 2021 when asked if he’d been involved in any course improvements at the Sanctuary Golf Resort:

“It’s fair to say that the course has changed little from the layout we designed and constructed.

Bill Watchman, who has done a great job as superintendent over the journey and only recently retired, did make a modification to the lake alongside the par three 17th, and also took the tee back on the dogleg 5th to make it a par five, both changes that I support.

It is my intention to go and have a hit there shortly as I have not been there for too long!”

Reviews for Sanctuary