Review for Saunton (East)

Played the wonderful East course in mid-december for £42 with a meal. Barmy day with blue skies and wore a t-shirt all day!!!!!! Locals were saying probably the brightest day of the winter. If this course is not a six ball I don't know what is. From the moment I viewed the dramatic green sand dunes as far as the eye can see, I knew it was going to be special. First tee has massive elevation and simply stuning views. Not a weak hole on the course. Each hole has it's own unique feel and blends in superbly with the natural beauty. Thank god the design acknowledged what a special place this is, and the course is bulit around the natural landscape. Stand out holes, where to start...... first is brutal but a great hole. Par 3 Tiddler is so sweet. par 3 17th is a brute and if you find the green here you can really call yourself a golfer. ( I did and then 3 putted!!!) Is a challenge but you can score well here if you a re a longish hitter. Locals told me the shorter hitter would prefer the West Course. Dry as a bone after recent wet weather. Not surprising really as we were informed by one local that the course rests on 600 foot of sand!!! I am already planning a return trip in January to play the West Course. If heaven is somewhere in North Devon gents, then I think I may have found it!!!!!!

Date: December 13, 2009

Read all reviews about Saunton (East)