Review for Saunton (West)

A wonderful course that is set amongst a massive dune system that could contain another 54 holes. A tough start and it helps to have some guidance. The first two holes, in the fast, still conditions we experienced, require approximately your 160m club that will roll into place to have a wedge in. Missing the greens or fairways will mean some good skills to get your par.

The first cut or two of rough throughout the round was dry and wispy but once you ventured a bit further in it got pretty tangly and, if found, required a hack hopefully in the right direction.

My game with Keith was evenly poised until the turn where it was claimed the closure of the halfway house caused some poor swings and feeling at home in the warm 28 deg weather, I romped in for a 3/2 win. My apologies if the dust you ate contributed to your hay fever!

The course has plenty of variety and whilst not full of blind shots it does require thought off the tee as reaching blindly for driver every par 4 will result in pain.

This course pushed 6 balls but just needs some more holes like the last to get into that company. The last is a terrific par 3 that would make a sensational second shot in for a par 4 if the acreage allowed.

Relaxing clubhouse that would be my second home if (when) I chuck it in and live my dream. Warren from Aust

Date: August 14, 2018

Read all reviews about Saunton (West)